I feel like one of those right now, have for a couple months, actually. Every time I think I'm just about ready to stop, someone pushes my damn button and I'm off again.
As a result, I'm doing a lot of things poorly. Our recent (ongoing) move was the worst ever. I'm half-assing things at work (shhh!). Even this old blog is suffering.
For example, I'm creating quite the stockpile of Post-it notes covered in potential blog topics: our new house, live lettuce, the best radio station in the world, NPR, senior pictures, gas station lady... gas station lady? I don't even know what the heck that means.
To keep you intrigued - and for posterity - here are a few tidbits. Enjoy.
- Billy and BB have poison ivy. BB is handling it waaaaaay better than Billy is. In fact, I don't even think BB knows he has poison ivy. Billy, on the other hand, is a mess.*
- Billy lost his wedding ring last night, but quickly found it. He claims it wasn't technically lost since he knew where it was and he got it back within a few hours, but I claim that dropping it in a sump pump pit is about as good as gone as you can get (most of the time).
- On a related note, when the radon people installed their mitigation system in our new basement, they messed up our sump pump. Water in new basement = not good.
- Our riding lawnmower doesn't have power steering. Or maybe it does and I'm weak. Either way, my back hurts.
- Having a truck for the past week and a half has convinced me that we need one. Not want. Need.
- The Onion had a great story about people wanting things the other day. Read it. Laugh.
- Football is back! Oh, yeah, baby!
- Someone from my past recently came back into my life (via Facebook). I'm excited ... and nervous.
- I want to write a silly blog post about housewarming gifts I want, but I'm afraid someone will take it seriously and be offended. Maybe I could write JK after every item?
- Do they make anything Rogaine-ish for women?
- I've still never blogged about my sleep apnea. I should sometime.
- I love my 3rd Kindle. He and I are getting along superbly. (Meaning I haven't broken him yet.)
- The student newspaper I advise is one of the funnest (yes, it's a word) parts of my job ... at least right now. I have the best group of students ever and have high hopes for this semester. Remind me of this in two months when the whole thing's in the pooper.
* I'm exaggerating slightly for effect.