This year, maybe because I was drunk, er, tipsy, I made some resolutions (more on that later). One of the resolutions was to try one new recipe a week. The first week's recipe? Sausage and Noodle Casserole. Not for any reason other than I had all the ingredients in my house. It wasn't too bad.
* 1 pound Bob Evans Farms Original Recipe Sausage Roll
* 1 cup chopped onions
* 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
* 1 (10 oz.) package frozen peas
* 1 (10 3/4 oz.) can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 1 (8 oz.) package egg noodles, cooked according to package directions and drained
* salt and black pepper to taste
* 1 (2.8 oz.) can French fried onions, crushed
Preheat oven to 350F. Crumble sausage into large skillet. Add onions and green peppers. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain. Cook peas according to package directions. Drain, reserving liquid in 2-cup glass measuring cup; set aside. Add enough water to pea liquid to obtain 1 1/3 cups liquid. Combine liquid and soup in large bowl; stir in sausage mixture, noodles, reserved peas, salt and black pepper. Mix well. Spoon mixture into greased 2 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with French fried onions. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.