I'd like to thank my blog friend Iris Took for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! I had no idea I was even in the running; the field was quite competitive this year. ;-)
P.S. I just found out that TWO people think I'm cool. Thank you, Java Gabble, for nominating me! Have I ever told you how much we miss you?
1. Thank the person who nominated me for this award. ✔
2. Copy the award & place it on my blog. ✔
3. Link to the person who nominated me for this award. ✔
4. Share 7 interesting things about myself. ✔
5. Nominate 7 bloggers. ✔
7 Things About Me:
1. My name is Amber (I was named after a rock and a beer can), but people often call me Heather.
2. I've nearly died twice - once when I jumped into a pond at age 2 and once when I had pneumonia at age 12.
3. I went bungee jumping when I was 16.
4. I once won a radio contest because I was the first caller to correctly name the dot over the letter 'i'.
5. I knew the day I met my husband that I was going to marry him.
6. My first car was an orange 1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle.
7. When I was 19, a cop pulled a gun on me.
This part was hard because I wasn't sure what criteria to base my nominations on, so ... I'm nominating blogs that I enjoy reading; I think you'd enjoy them too.
1. A Couple More Hours - I love seeing pictures of the girls and her Etsy Favorites Wednesday.
2. Sassy Times - I have no idea how I came across her blog, but I enjoy reading it - and trying to guess the name of her baby girl.
3. The Shamrock Stamper - I just recently started reading this blog of a high school friend. I love seeing what she's created each week.
4. Wrestling Kitties - I think she is hilarious! I wish I could do funny in writing as well as she does.
5. Written Permission - I like the conversational, easy-going tone of her blog. And I'm a sucker for reoccurring topics, such as her 'Stuff on My Desk'. (She's also pulls funny of well.)
6. Weighty Issues - I'm so excited about this blog. I can't wait to see what Jenn does with it.
7. Iris Took of Great Smials - I'm probably breaking a rule by nominating my nominator, but I really just enjoy reading Iris' blog. (And this is my list. So there.)