I really should be working on the business plan my boss has been asking me for for weeks, or balancing my checkbook, but today's my first day back from vacation and I'm having trouble getting into the swing of things. This seemed like a nice way to procrastinate some more.
1. Who was your first prom date? His name was Brad. A bunch of his friends were going with a bunch of my friends, so it made sense that we went together. He wore a white tux because it had something to do with Michael Jordan.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? Occasionally. He's friends with some of my friends, so we run into each other from time to time.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? A wine cooler. (Lots of wine coolers.)
4. What was your first job? Cashier at the town Super Valu (no 'e'). I started June 6, 1995. I remember that day because it was the day after my high school graduation. My dad wouldn't let me work until I graduated.
5. What was your first car? An orange Volkswagen Super Beetle. It was awesome. Brad, from above-mentioned prom question, was 6'7" - watching him squeeze in was fun. My friend Kristie used to hide in the trunk, which was in the front, and scare people as I drove around our high school parking lot. My friend Matt stole it from a gas station once when I was inside paying for gas. Every Halloween my dad threatened to put a green stem on top so it'd look like a pumpkin. Ah, memories. I could write a book about that car!
6. Who was the first person to text you today? Wendy (A Couple More Hours).
7. Who was the first person you thought of this morning? Baby Billy. He was kicking me in my boob.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? Mrs. Bok.
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Nowhere. My first time in a plane was some penny-a-pound fundraiser thing. We flew over my house. My second time in a plane was with my friend Dolly, who had her pilot's license. We just flew around. My third time had an actual destination - Cancun, Mexico.
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Jenny. Nope. We grew apart in junior high when she decided she'd rather be friends with someone who had a horse. The girl who had a horse decided I was a third wheel and had some high school girl threaten to beat me up, so I went my own way. Jenny and I reconnected our senior year to perform our senior song (she wrote and sang it; I played the piano) and then once a few years ago, but the magic was gone.
11. Where was your first sleepover? Becky's house. In sixth grade. It was a big deal for me because my dad never let me go to anyone's house. Becky's mom made plate-sized pancakes for breakfast the next morning. Good times.
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? My husband.
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? Laura's, our senior year of high school. I was the book girl.
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? Feed Baby B.
15. What was the first concert you went to? Sawyer Brown.
16. First tattoo? A four-leaf clover.
17. First piercing? My ears when I was 9.
18. First foreign country you went to? Mexico. My dad called me from work on my 15th birthday and asked if I wanted to go to Kentucky or Cancun. Um, duh, dad.
19. First movie you remember seeing? In a theater? Wayne's World - in 7th grade.
20. What state (province) did you first live in? First and only - Ohio.
21. Who was your first room mate? Wendy (A Couple More Hours).
22. When was your first detention? Never had detention. Or got a demerit. (I am not proud of this.)
23. When was your first kiss? The summer after I graduated from high school (I was a late bloomer). His name was Craig.
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? How to cook without a recipe. Is that learnable?
25. Who will be the next person to post this? Probably no one. I'm coming to this kinda late in the game.