08 September 2009

I Was Wrong

I grew up in the country. Like the middle of nowhere, lived on a dirt road country. Our land was mostly wooded and had a nice little creek (that's 'creek', not 'crick') running through it. My brother and I spent all our free time outside, building forts, making paths and doing other hick things.

In all those years, I never one single time got poison ivy. I was so proud of this 'skill' that I one time rubbed poison ivy leaves all over my arms and legs to prove that I couldn't get it. So, I find it very odd that now, when I live in the city, miles and miles away from a poison ivy plant, that I have a poison ivy rash on my foot. I can only assume that I came in contact with a leaf at a cook-out this weekend. It sucks.

3 comments:

Shaun said...

So you drive for two hours, and get poison ivy and mosquito bites from hades? Geez! You'll never come back! Although, I'm not sure where you would have gotten poison ivy. Around the barn maybe? Hmm.....

wrestling kitties said...

oh, that really sucks. feel better!

freckleface said...

my husband is a poison ivy magnet! sorry...