21 May 2008

Clever Name. Good Product?

It's no secret that I don't have the 'shoe gene' that so many of my friends have. I don't get excited about shoes. I don't shop specifically for shoes. I don't notice other people's shoes.

That said, I do own a cute (I think) pair of brown flats that are finally broken in and match half my wardrobe. Unfortunately, the sole has deflated (for lack of a better word).

I hear that Shoe Goo is the answer. It reportedly fixes soles by turning into a flexible rubber after application.

Has anyone ever used this product? Know a good cobbler?


Iris Took said...

I take my shoes to Macino's on Sylvania Ave in Toledo. Love that place.

PS I have not heard the word "cobbler" in forever - unless referring to a dessert.

A. said...

Yeah, I don't think I've ever used the word 'cobbler' in reference to shoe fixers until yesterday. I told my friend S. I needed my shoes fixed and she asked if I knew a good cobbler. I instantly thought apple, then cracked up when I realized she was serious! Oops! Then I had to use her line.

B said...

B tooks some shoes to the place on Upton for M and they fixed them and cleaned them up for what I thought was a good price.

Kelli Matthews said...

Great question! :) Shoe GOO will be great for rebuilding parts of the sole that have worn (like the ball of the foot might have a deeper wear, for example). It'll also work to reattach the sole. It's tough to say for sure if it'll help in your case - but you can check out a post I did recently and it link to directions on our Web site: http://tinyurl.com/5v5o8f

Eclectic Products
(Makers of Shoe GOO)